Thursday, October 18, 2012

Recommended Reading!

I commented on my last post that I am reading the new book written by Carol Rutenberg and Liz Greenberg, The Art and Science of Telephone Triage. This is a brand new resource that was released this year by Anthony J.Janetti, Inc, and endorsed by the AAACN!
So far, I have found this book to be enjoyable and educational. It takes you from how telephone triage came into being, where it is now, and where it is going. Along the way, they have included how to correctly run a successful triage program, whether it be in an office or a call center, the legal aspects of telephone triage nursing across state lines, and my personal favorite, true triage stories to learn by.
So far, I have used some of these stories in our staff monthly newsletter as a training tool, and our nurses have commented on how much they too have learned and how interesting they are.
This resource has been needed for a long time. There are several telephone triage books and resources available, but none puts the pearls and perils into the same perspective as this book does. I would encourage anyone to read it and use it as a valuable resource for their telephone triaging. I also think it would be a great book for someone who is interesting in entering this specialty area, and a valuable training resource for those new to the field as well.
I am encouraging our nurses to read it!

1 comment:

  1. Great details here, better yet to discover out your blog which is fantastic. Nicely done!!! CNA Practice Test

    ReplyDelete